If you are visiting this page because you have recently got engaged, congratulations! You can be married at a Church of England church so long as one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- or if one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- or if one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish
Did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish. You can find out which parish a particular church is in using the webpage A Church Near You.
In all the above cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services. However, don’t be put off if you don’t as yet have a link with our churches. If one or both of you is able to regularly attend services in the church you wish to be married in for a minimum period of 6 months at any time before your wedding, you will qualify.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you wish to be married in any of our four churches.
Link to C of E site https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/